Here are 5 tips for landing your dream job:
1. Update your resume. Recent accomplishments, newly acquired skills, and current position title are a few updates that should be made to your resume at least once a year.
2. Apply to five jobs a week. Use job search filters to find new positions each week to apply to. Create a job alert and have newly posted jobs directly in your inbox.
3. Setup a mock interview. Whether it’s with the mirror, a housemate, or a professional job coach, take time to practice answering the most commonly asked interview questions.
4. Increase your online presence. If you are looking for content to share on your professional channels, consider sharing topical articles and jobs you aren’t applying for, to keep yourself top of mind with your professional colleagues.
5. Make five new professional connections. Ask these individuals about their jobs and the company they work for to develop a relationship. Leverage these contacts as references or referrals when the time is right.