CLEP (the College-Level Examination Program®) offers 33 exams that cover intro-level college course material. With a passing score on one CLEP exam, you could earn three or more college credits at more than 2,900 U.S. colleges and universities.
CLEP was created to help individuals with prior knowledge in a college course subject earn their degree efficiently and inexpensively. That prior learning could have taken place through advanced high school courses, independent reading and study, online courseware or textbooks, noncredit courses, or on-the-job training.
Key CLEP Facts:
- Students take CLEP exams on a computer at official CLEP test centers.
- CLEP exams contain multiple-choice questions.
- CLEP exams take about 90–120 minutes to complete, depending on the exam subject.
- CLEP exams are offered year-round at more than 2,000 CLEP test centers across the country.
- Students receive their CLEP exam scores immediately after completing the exam (except for College Composition).
- More than 2,900 U.S. colleges and universities grant credit for CLEP.
For more information on how to register visit CLEP website.